Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Three Muske-dead Gophers!

This week has been cold and rainy, not the best weather for gophering.  However, my work can not, and must not be halted.  Friday afternoon, as I walked the fence line of my property (scouting the enemy), I saw a fresh mound just three feet outside of my property.  The word must be getting out to other gophers that my land is off limits. 

I decided to take the fight to them.  Gophering knows no bounds.  I marched over to my neighbors and told him the bad news, "I've scared 'em into your yard."  I then told him the good news, "I've got mad gophering skills, plenty of gopher traps, and I work for free."  So together we set out gophering.  We set 2 Cinch traps, a Black Box, a Black Hole, 2 Gophinators, and 2 Sweeney traps.  The results are as follows:

First one was caught in a Cinch trap.
Second one was caught in a Gophinator trap.
And the third Muske-dead Gopher fell victim to a Black Box.
On a side note:  due to recent rain fall, it was difficult to see the fresh mounds.  We made educated guesses as to which were the freshest.  I think we did rather well for a 24 hour period. 

Happy Gophering everyone!!!  Enjoy the weekend.  And as always, be sure to check out the Gopher Casualty Counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment