Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

"UNO"

After taking care of the 'Three Muske-dead Gophers', I still had a few traps set in my neighbors yard.  To tell you the truth, I wasn't very optimistic about catching anything else that night.  Well, jump forward to 5:00 PM.  I opened my email and saw a wonderful sight.  A picture of a single gopher next to a Black Box gopher trap. 

Memories of a childhood card game instantly flashed into my mind.  I swiftly and forcefully slapped my hand on the desk and cried out, "UNO"!  There was an awkward silence in the office as I felt a dozen eyes looking at me.  I chuckled to myself and said, "That's number 25."
My neighbor took this photo and emailed it to me.  I think it has great artistic value.  I think I'll challenge my wife and children to a game of UNO tonight.

Be sure to check out the Gopher Casualty Counter!    

1 comment:

  1. What you haven't caught one since Thursday!!! What is the world going to do? Keep up the good work Gopher King!

    ReplyDelete