Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Three Amigos.

Sunday morning couldn't have gotten any better.  The sun was shinning, my gut was full with a hot meal, and best of all, I had three sprung traps.  As I went to check the traps in my neighbors yard, I was surprised to see one trap moving.  I pulled the gopher and trap out of the hole and did the only sensible thing; I flattened him with a shovel.
This big guy was caught in a Cinch Trap and finish off with the flat side of a shovel.  Not exactly how I wanted it to go; however in gophering it's all about adapting and overcoming. 
This little guy was caught in a Gopher Gonner.  This particular guy had back filled this trap three times.  I told my neighbor that his gophers have higher than average gopher IQ's.  They always seem to back fill my traps.  Persistence pays off, as demonstrated in this session of Gopher Wars.
This was the third chapter in the "Three Amigos" book.  He went down like the other two, in a cinch style trap.  A Gopher Gonner to be exact.  It doesn't get any better than this, unless you add cherry cheese cake and ice cream.
 
As always, be sure to check the Gopher Casualty Counter.

1 comment: